AmFed has superior claims handling with a stated strategy that each claim receives enthusiastic, personalized attention throughout the entire claims process. Our experienced claims staff and in-house bill review service staff comprise a proactive and dedicated team focused to carry out the process efficiently and completely.
Notify us of a claim: Your claim can be reported by email, telephone, online, fax, or mail. You will find claim reporting forms in your policy packet and on our website amfed.com to complete your request by fillable form. Upon receipt of your claim, we will file the appropriate documents with the proper regulatory authorities in your state.
Email - Send email or First Report of Injury to FROl@amfed.com. Claim forms can be downloaded from our website amfed.com
Phone - Dial 1-866-866-9199 Fax - Fax First Report of Injury to (601) 427-1588 FAX 1-844-AMFEDll (1-844-263-3311)
Mail - 576 Highland Colony Parkway, Suite 300, Post Office Box 1380, Ridgeland, Mississippi 39158
Please report all claims to AmFed immediately to ensure prompt investigation and payment of benefits as a delay may result in penalties. The State may assess a penalty against your company if claims with disability are not reported within eight (8) days of the accident. The wage information section on the claim reporting form must be completed on claims with disability or anticipated disability. The wage information is used to establish the compensation rate. Drug testing should be completed on the day of the accident.
When to Notify:
• Within 24 hours of an accident or alleged accident
• Immediately in the case of serious or fatal injury
• Immediately upon receipt of motions and lawsuits
• Immediately when an injured employee returns to work
• If you have any information which suggests a questionable or fraudulent claim
• If you have knowledge of a pre-existing medical condition of the injured employee
• Prior to all recommended medical treatment and/or diagnostic testing Important
• Keep AmFed informed of any information regarding a claim promptly
• Drug testing should be completed the day of the accident
• Document any pre-existing injuries with a post - hire Second Injury Medical Questionnaire on all Louisiana Employees
• Establish effective employment policies and maintain personnel records